Cookies and browsing data
Technical cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of a website and to allow users’ navigation; without them the user may not be able to view the pages correctly or to use some website functions.
Profiling cookies have the task of creating users’ profiles in order to send advertising messages.
Cookies can also be classified as:
- "session" cookies, which are deleted immediately when the browser is closed;
- "persistent" cookies, which remain in the browser for a certain period of time. They are used, for example, to recognize the device that connects to a website facilitating authentication operations for the user;
- "own" cookies, generated and managed directly by the manager of the website;
- "third-party" cookies, generated and managed by parties other than the operator of the website.
Cookies used on the website
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- own, session and persistent cookies, necessary to allow navigation on the website, for purposes of internal security and system administration;
- third-party, session and persistent cookies, necessary to allow the user to use multimedia elements on the website, such as images and videos;
- persistent third-party cookies, used by the website to send statistical information to the Google Analytics system, through which Piardinox Snc can perform statistical analysis of accesses / visits to the website. The cookies used exclusively pursue statistical purposes and collect aggregated information. Through one persistent cookie and one session cookie (expiring when the browser is closed), Google Analytics also collects information regarding the opening and the closing time of the user’s navigation on the website. The user can prevent Google from tracking his/her data through cookies and the subsequent processing of data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- persistent third-party cookies, i.e. cookies used when on the website pages there are links to social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+) that allow the user to share the website content on his/her personal social media profiles.
How to disable cookies in browsers
The User can find information about how to manage cookies in his browser at the following addresses:
Data controller: Piardinox snc con sede in via Gitti 9/9B Marcheno 25060 (BS)
Privacy Officer: Mr. Corrado Piardi